“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Keeping Track

It's Booking Through Thursday! Yay!


Do you keep a list of the books you’ve read? How? In a journal? Through one of the online services? If so, WHY? To keep good records for future reference? To make sure you don’t accidentally reread? If not, why not? Too eager to move on to the next book? Too lazy? Never thought to bother?

I do keep a list! in fact I use this AMAZING program I am sure many of you guys are familiar with called Goodreads !

Why? Well I find that Goodreads is a helpful program for so many reasons:

1. I can keep a log of how many pages I read a day and write little comments about what I think of the book at that point (which helps for reviews and just looking back)

2. I can keep a list of books I've read ~ I love this because I want to make sure I don't forget and it's nice to know how many books I've read since 2010 (when I joined Goodreads)

3. I can keep a list of books I want to read. ~ as the Goodreads 'motto' goes: "meet your next favorite book" well I can attest that I have  found some wonderful books on Goodreads and read their synopsis and viewed their star rating and reviews and decided if I would like to read it or not. It's quite helpful in choosing new to-read books and keeping track of them

4. *see details of number 3*

5. I can chat with people about different books

6. I can participate in giveaways, groups, and polls.

7. I can visit author pages and find the other books that the author has written if I really like their work.

8. I can take trivia quizzes, look up quotes, and give/receive recommendations.

overall it's a fabulous program and it is worth my time and helps me organize my reading world in a very ordered way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...