“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Monday, November 12, 2012

Questions~ Grammar Free Hour!

These questions were provided by Should Be Reading
 
If you had to choose only 3 books to read forever, which ones would you choose?
 
At the moment (it ALWAYS CHANGES!!!)
I would choose Divergent, Holly's Heart, and The Host

• Is there a character that you absolutely love but that you cannot get a good mental picture of?
 
Well basically I can never nail down a mental picture of anyone...my brain doesn't let me. Like there hair always changes in my mid when I try to think about it...or something like that. Or their weight. Or their facial shape..(Well there are exceptions. I do have ones that i know exactly what they look like....) some of the undefined ones would be: Tobias Eaton (of course their are fancasts and my brain has an outline of him and knows who he is but when I try to really picture him, all his features switch back and forth in my mind) there are more too....like Edward Cullen. Yep. And Shay from Nightshade. (Esp shay)

• Make a plea for your favorite book. Make others wanna read it!
 
Divergent~ hmm. Read this book. It will change your life. (insert something about how fabulous it is and finish off with how I'm way to lazy to do this.) Maybe if you have heard enough about this book this little thing will be the straw that broke the cammels back and you give in and read the book already! ;)

• If you could create a soundtrack for a book you’ve read recently, which songs would you use and why?
 
Idk. Most songs I associate are usually by listening to them when I read....the sound of the song (the actual notes) connect my brain to the book. Sometimes a specific scene. And that's how I connect songs to books (lyrics too:....but that's not always easy.) I let the authors make the playlists. Bc I don't have a use for them, the authors use them when writing. And I like to listen to the ones they come up with if I really love the book because the songs take me to that place.

• Do you read outside your preferred genre? Has your preferred genre changed?
 
No..,,not really. I stay within my: fantasy, paranormal, dystopian, sci-fi, mythology world. And I steer clear of contemporary altogether. The only outsides I've read are the Gallagher girls....but those rnt really contemporary nor any of my genres.....they are just...them. (I've read each book 23 times so...yeah. I love them. Nuff said)

• Do you have a favorite book/movie combination?
 
THG...so far I've only watched Percy Jackson as a book to movie and I hate the translation so. Yeah THG was best for me.

• Name a book that you thought you wouldn’t like much, but you ended up loving.
 
This is what I'm HOPING will happen with violet midnight...but we will see. List:
 
1. Percy Jackson- put it off for years.
2. Holly's heart- the book that made me a reader
3. ILYKY- umm. Yeah. My cousin gave me this book to borrow an I didn't want to take it....finally did...well. IVE READ THE BOOK 23 times! enough said!!!!
Wow. Lot more than I thought.

• If you were Book Czar of the world, is there one book you would like to require every kid to read?
 
The Host? No. The Hunger Games? No. Uglies? No. IDK! All my favorite books.

I seriously have a decision making problem.
 
 
~~~~
 
and for my GREATEST act of the day: I will not spell check/proof this post. So enjoy my gramatical errors as entertainment. (look. i even spelt grammatical wrong! Hurray for grammar free hour!~~note that after this i will go back to being the person who snaps at people that it's "'Her and I.' Her and I people! i!" and other such things....but for now: I'm throwing grammar to the wind!)
 
-Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...