“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dog Earring....My Thoughts


What is wrong in this picture? What is REALLY REALLY WRONG?


 

This one is what the above makes me want to do! It’s called “Bibliophile bus stop” Yeah… I could say that I would definitely go off on someone for MURDERING a book! Because that is what you are doing to this poor thing!




bostonbookbums.com

Dog earring is a horrible offense!

Why do so many Bibliophiles hate dog earring?...Well I couldn’t answer that for you a moment ago…so I just turned to my book and opened it up, reached to the corner of the page, moved to crease the corner, and— STOP! STOP! DON’T DO IT!—I just couldn’t…nothing could bring me to harm or permanently crease the blemish free page. People who do it like it’s nothing..., well you are very strong people…very strong. SHAME ON YOU! But I must confess I am guilty of dog earring as a young kid. I had teachers who did it all the time and I wasn’t taught the TRUE HORROR until a librarian caught me…oh no, never again.

 

Do you guys dog ear?

If not what kind of bookmark do you use? I have found this really cool new bookmark idea that I am going to make RIGHT now it’s that awesome! All you need is an envelope!



Cool right?

 

What’s the WEIRDEST bookmark you have used…..what do you use on a daily basis?

Comment any super cool book mark do’s and don’ts if you’ve got ‘em! Love to hear!!

 

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I feel all bad now.. i dog-ear my books all the time. It's just that I'm ALWAYS without a bookmark or piece of paper so... gotta do whatcha gotta do, right? No? Okay :( lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't feel bad! We have all harmed books before....once I dropped it in the bathtub....it was not salvageable...;'( I will grab ANYTHING...onetime I used a toothbrush because I was so desperate...but dog earring was still a last resort. Don't worry...no ones going to come find you now that you've admited to dog earring (I think...well...maybe you should just be on the lookout...) ;) lol. Happy dog earring (I don' know how happy that could be....but whatever floats your boat.)

      Delete
  2. I never dog ear my books. It's just too heart shattering to do so. I hate it when ebooks dog ear the page to bookmark. It seems soooo odd to me. The envelope book mark sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart breaks...every time...library books with the little creases...and your like AGHH!! It's just awful!

      The envelopes came out perfectly! They are adorable! I will post pictures! They are so simple and you just tuck them on! One envelope makes four bookmarks!

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...