“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Summary by goodreads.com

There can only be one alpha.

Bryn is finally settling into her position as alpha of the Cedar Ridge Pack—or at least, her own version of what it means to be alpha when you’re a human leading a band of werewolves. Then she finds a teenage boy bleeding on her front porch. Before collapsing, he tells her his name is Lucas, he’s a Were, and Bryn’s protection is his only hope.

But Lucas isn’t part of Bryn’s pack, and she has no right to claim another alpha’s Were. With threats—old and new—looming, and danger closing in from all sides, Bryn will have to accept what her guardian Callum knew all along. To be alpha, she will have to give in to her own animal instincts and become less human. And, she’s going to have to do it alone.

Bryn faces both the costs, and the rewards, of love and loyalty, in this thrilling sequel to Raised by Wolves.


............................................................................................................................................


Hey, bloggers hey! So I haven't been on a while and I'm really sorry but I'm back so HEY!  I am going to review/discuss Trial By Fire the second book in the raised by wolves triology.  And we LOVE raised by wolves here at 2-B-read!!!!!! So here we go! This book is by Jennifer Lynn Barnes!! We loveth her here at 2-B-readeth! I loveth loveth Shakespeare language.  LOLZ *SILLY FACE* So this is a great book! It starts off where Bryn *SPOILER ALERT* (HIGHLIGHT TO READ SPOILER) [Where Bryn is the alpha of her newest pack! It's brand new and is full of the childrem/teens/preetenns she rescued from Wilson.]


Ok, so I thought it was an amazing book! It's almost impossible to choose which is better because they have their differences but look at this cover ladies and gentle men!

I]I love it! There is so much symbolism. If you look closely you can see she is on fire and that's because Archer puts Bryn on fire while she's sleeping and that's where the title comes from.  Also the moon represents something super duper secret from the end of the book! So guys now I'm gonna have a spoiler full convo kk!






**********************************************************************************
SPOILER ALERTS SPOILER ALERT SUPER DUPER SPOILER ALERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so back on the cover for a second I think the full moon represents that she is going to become a werewolf because Callum promised this to her in the end of the book. So one of my favorite parts is probably (because of writing even though I was in tears during this!) It is amazing writing style! Here it is..
"The real meaning of Lucas's words-his definition of free-hit me a moment too late.  So meaning that he would never really feel free if he wasn't an alpha and we all know what happens... Bryn commands him to die and of course Maddy is devastated!! AND SHE LEAVES!!!!!! I cryed so hard! But I also liked how Jennifer made Valerie in charge of all the people in her 'family' and in charge of their minds! So I love how she describes the size of their eye pupils and thats how you know if they're under a trance or not! So overall I love this book so MUCH!!!! Like I love it!  I'm almost halfway through with the 3d and finally book! I'm really loving it!



Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...