“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Monday, May 7, 2012

Matched by Ally Condie

Matched by Ally Condie
Summary by goodreads.com

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


...........................................................................................................................................................

Hey, guys it's Mari and I want to talk about Matched. Matched is a dystopian novel set in the future where you don't have much control over your life and at a certain age you get 'Matched' meaning based on what they know about you and that's person that you are 'Matched' to is the person you will marry.  Even love is controled in the book Matched.  So this book is like WOW! Besides The Hunger Games I think this is my first dystopian genre book! So the book starts off with Cassia super excited to go to her matching ceremony and this is the first paragraph. "Now that I've found the way to fly which direction should I go into the night? My wings aren't white or feathered; they are green, made of green silk , which shudders in the wind and bends when I move-first in a circle then in a line finally in a shape of my own invention.  The black behind me doesn't worry me; neither do the stars ahead." EEP chills!!! What a great beginning!!!! It's OMG and sets the perfect mood for the book.  So anyways she gets matched with her totally HAWT best friend Xander and she's excited! (As would I be!!) But then when she gets home and inserts the disc she recieves from the Society about Xander but instead of showing her Xander it shows a picture of Ky Markham and then the screen goes black again. What?? Crazy awesome right!?!?  So it gets better! So then she starts falling in love with Ky! And at the same time the Society is telling her to forget what she saw that she should just live her life with Xander happily. But she can't. All she can think about is the mysterious Ky.  Which path will she take? A happy normal path of life with a boy she loves. Or a rebellious life with a boy she also loves? What will Cassia choose?  Read the book to find out so anyways after you read make sure to look at all 3 covers (Yes it's a triology!) and tell me what you think they symbollize in a comment! And BTW here is an awesome quote about the book by Cassandra Clare.
"This futuristic fable of love and free[dom] will ask: can there be freedom without choice? The tale of  Cassia's journey from acceptance to rebellion will draw you in and leave you wanting more."
Does this book not sound crazy awesome !!!!!!!!????????????????????
Buh Bye for now!
Mari

3 comments:

  1. OMG i KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!! *SPOILER ALERT**** IT'S THE PILL COLORS!! I PERSONALLY LIKE KY BETTER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Your exactly right!! I personally love Ky too.

      Delete
  2. I disagree. sorry ladies but Xander holds a special spot in my heart
    <3 mari!

    ReplyDelete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...